Publication details for Professor Alexandra CristeaZhou, Yiwei Demidova, Elena & Cristea, A. I. (2016), Who likes me more? Analysing entity-centric language-specific bias in multilingual Wikipedia, 1: SAC 2016, 31st ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. Pisa, ACM, New York, 750-757.
- Publication type: Conference Paper
- ISSN/ISBN: 9781450337397
- DOI: 10.1145/2851613.2851858
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In this paper we take an important step towards better understanding the existence and extent of entity-centric language-specific bias in multilingual Wikipedia, and any deviation from its targeted neutral point of view. We propose a methodology using sentiment analysis techniques to systematically extract the variations in sentiments associated with real-world entities in different language editions of Wikipedia, illustrated with a case study of five Wikipedia language editions and a set of target entities from four categories.