Publication details for Professor Malcolm MunroGallagher, K., Hatch, A. & Munro, M. (2005). A Framework for Software Architecture Visualization Assessment. Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Workshop on Visualizing Software (VISSOFT 2005, Budapest, Hungary, IEEE Press.
- Publication type: Conference Proceeding
- ISSN/ISBN: 0780395409, 9780780395404
- DOI: 10.1109/VISSOF.2005.1684309
- Keywords: Software architecure, Visualization
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In order to assess software architecture visualisation strategies, we qualitatively characterize then construct an assessment framework with 7 key areas and 31 features. The framework is used for evaluation and comparison of various strategies from multiple stakeholder perspectives. Six existing software architecture visualisation tools and a seventh research tool were evaluated. All tools exhibited shortcomings when evaluated in the framework.