Publication details for Dr Maximilien GadouleauZeh, Alexander, Wachter-Zeh, Antonia, Gadouleau, Maximilien & Bezzateev, Sergey (2013), Generalizing Bounds on the Minimum Distance of Cyclic Codes Using Cyclic Product Codes, IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory. Istanbul, Turkey, IEEE, Istanbul, 126-130.
- Publication type: Conference Paper
- ISSN/ISBN: 2157-8095
- DOI: 10.1109/ISIT.2013.6620201
- Keywords: Bound on the Minimum Distance, Cyclic Code, Cyclic Product Code, Efficient Decoding.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Two generalizations of the Hartmann-Tzeng (HT) bound on the minimum distance of q-ary cyclic codes are proposed. The first one is proven by embedding the given cyclic code into a cyclic product code. Furthermore, we show that unique decoding up to this bound is always possible and outline a quadratic-time syndrome-based error decoding algorithm. The second bound is stronger and the proof is more involved. Our technique of embedding the code into a cyclic product code can be applied to other bounds, too and therefore generalizes them.
Conference dates: 07 Jul - 12 Jul 2013