Dr Sunčica Hadžidedić, BSc, MSc, PhD
Dr Hadzidedic is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Durham University. She obtained a BSc (First Class Hons) in Information Systems from the University Sarajevo School of Science and Technology (SSST), B&H, and University of Buckingham, UK. She holds an MSc in IT Management from Binary University, Malaysia. In 2018, she was awarded a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Warwick, UK. She worked as a lecturer and a researcher at the University SSST from 2017 to 2019, during which time she joined two EU projects: Erasmus+ e-VIVA (Enhancing and Validating servIce related competences in Versatile learning environments in Western BAlkan Universities) and EU COST Action VascAgeNet (Network for Research in Vascular Aging).
Broadly, her research interests are in human-computer interaction, affective computing and online privacy. She has published research on web personalisation, specifically affect-adaptive user interfaces and affective recommender systems applied to online cancer services. In collaboration with a B&H cancer association, she developed PORT.org.ba, a real-life cancer website providing emotion-based content recommendations and UI adaptation. Her current research is on socially responsible AI, with a particular focus on affect-aware Intelligent Tutoring Systems for students with mood disorders.
- Innovative Computing
- Human-computer interaction
- Web personalisation / user modelling
- Affective (context-aware) recommender systems
- Intelligent tutoring systems
- Behavioural analytics
- Applied machine learning in healthcare
- Online privacy
- Begic, Edin, Hadzidedic, Suncica, Kulaglic, Ajla, Ramic-Brkic, Belma, Begic, Zijo & Causevic, Mirsada (2019). SOMAscan-based proteomic measurements of plasma brain natriuretic peptide are decreased in mild cognitive impairment and in Alzheimer's dementia patients. PLOS ONE 14(2): e0212261.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A. I. (2017). Do personalisation and emotions affect the use of cancer-related websites?. Online Information Review 41(1): 102-118.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A.I. (2015). How emotions stimulate people affected by cancer to use personalised health websites. Knowledge Management & E-learning: An International Journal 7(4): 658-676.
Chapter in book
- Shi, L., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic, S. & Dervishalidovic, N. (2014). Contextual Gamification of Social Interaction – Towards Increasing Motivation in Social E-learning. In Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2014. 8613: 116.
- Shi, L. Cristea, A. I. & Hadzidedic, S. (2014). Multifaceted open social learner modelling. In Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2014, 13th International Conference, Tallinn, Estonia, August 14-17, 2014, Proceedings. Popescu. Elvira Lau, Rynson W. H. Pata, Kai Leung, Howard & Mart, Laanpere Cham: Springer. 8613: 32-42.
- Ramic-Brkic, B, Balik, A, Pistoljevic, N & Hadzidedic, S. (2019), Web Tool for Creating Educational/Therapeutic Programmes, 11th International Conference on Virtual Worlds and Games for Serious Applications. Vienna, Austria.
- Al Qudah, Dana A., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S., Al-Saqqa, Samar & Al-Sayyad, Rizik M. H. (2015), A Taxonomy-Based Evaluation of Personalized E-Advertisement, IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology; Ubiquitous Computing and Communications; Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing; Pervasive Intelligence and Computing. 395.
- Al Qudah, Dana A., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S., Al-Saqqa, Samar, Rodan, Ali & Yang, Wei (2015), Personalized E-Advertisement and Experience: Recommending User Targeted Ads, IEEE 12th International Conference on e-Business Engineering. Greenbelt, MD, USA, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, 56.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A.I. (2015), What do people affected by cancer talk about online? Text analysis of online cancer community usage in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Fifth International Conference on Social Medial Technologies, Communication and Informatics (SOTICS). Barcelona, Spain.
- Shi, L, Cristea, AI & Hadzidedic, S (2014), The Critical Role of Profiles in Social E-Learning Design, 15th Annual Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE). Atlanta, Georgia, US.
- Hadzidedic, S, Dervishalidovic, N, Pandzo, A & Ramic-Brkic, B (2013), Use of Student Response Systems in Higher Education in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Recent Advances in Information Systems, Proceedings of the 7th European Computing Conference, WSEAS. Dubrovnik, Croatia.