Dr Craig Stewart, SFHEA, SMIEEE, FBCS
(email at email@example.com)
Dr Stewart has worked in the areas of HCI, Serious Games, Personalised Systems, Multimedia and Cultural Studies in research and education for over 25 years. Dr Stewart's doctoral research (entitled A Cultural Education Model: Design and Implementation of Adaptive Multimedia Interfaces in eLearning) consists of examining the effect that technology enhanced learning is having on cultural education and how HCI influences this.
- Adaptive Systems
- User modelling
- Personalised Systems
- Cultural Studies
- Software Engineering (COMP2252)
- Lameras, Petros, Arnab, Sylvester, Dunwell, Ian, Stewart, Craig, Clarke, Samantha & Petridis, Panagiotis (2017). Essential features of serious games design in higher education: Linking learning attributes to game mechanics. British journal of educational technology 48(4): 972-994.
- Ashman, Helen Brailsford, Tim Cristea, A. I., Sheng, Quan Z. Stewart, Craig Toms, Elaine G. & Wade, Vincent (2014). The ethical and social implications of personalization technologies for e-learning. Information & Management 51(6): 819-832.
- Stewart, Craig (2008). Authoring \& Culture in Online Education. J. UCS 14(17): 2877-2896.
- Meccawy, Maram, Stewart, Craig D & Ashman, Helen (2007). Adaptive educational hypermedia interoperability and content creation with a web service-based architecture. International Journal of Learning Technology 3(3): 269-285.
- Stewart, Craig, Cristea, Alexandra I, Brailsford, Tim & Ashman, Helen (2005). 'Authoring once, delivering many': creating reusable adaptive courseware.
- Brown, Elizabeth, Cristea, Alexandra, Stewart, Craig & Brailsford, Tim (2005). Patterns in authoring of adaptive educational hypermedia: A taxonomy of learning styles. Journal of Educational Technology \& Society 8(3): 77-90.
Chapter in book
- Alamri, Ahmed, Alshehri, Mohammad, Cristea, Alexandra I., Pereira, Filipe D., Oliveira, Elaine, Shi, Lei & Stewart, Craig (2019). Predicting MOOCs Dropout Using Only Two Easily Obtainable Features from the First Week’s Activities. In Intelligent Tutoring Systems. ITS 2019. Coy, Andre, Hayashi, Yugo & Chang, Maiga Cham: Springer. 11528: 163-173.
- Alamri, Ahmed, Rusby, Harry, Cristea, Alexandra I, Kayama, Mizue, Khan, Javed, Shi, Lei & Stewart, Craig (2018), An Intuitive Authoring System for a Personalised, Social, Gamified, Visualisation-supporting e-learning System, Proceedings of the 2018 The 3rd International Conference on Information and Education Innovations ACM. 57-61.
- Cristea, Alexandra I., Alamri, Ahmed, Alshehri, Mohammad, Kayama, Mizue, Foss, Jonathan, Shi, Lei & Stewart, Craig D. (2018), Can Learner Characteristics Predict Their Behaviour on MOOCs?, 10th International Conference on Education Technology and Computers - ICETC '18. Tokyo, ACM, New York, 119-125.
- Cristea, Alexandra I., Alamri, Ahmed, Kayama, Mizue, Stewart, Craig, Alshehri, Mohammad & Shi, Lei (2018), Earliest Predictor of Dropout in MOOCs: A Longitudinal Study of FutureLearn Courses, in Andersson, B., Johansson, B., Carlsson, S., Barry, C., Lang, M., Linger, H. & Schneider, C. eds, 27th International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD2018). Lund, Sweden, Association for Information Systems.
- Cristea, Alexandra I., Alamri, Ahmed, Kayama, Mizue, Stewart, Craig, Alshehri, Mohammad & Shi, Lei (2018), How is Learning Fluctuating? FutureLearn MOOCs Fine-grained Temporal Analysis and Feedback to Teachers and Designers, in Andersson, B., Johansson, B., Carlsson, S., Barry, C., Lang, M., Linger, H. & Schneider, C. eds, 27th International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD2018). Lund, Sweden, Association for Information Systems.
- Alshehri,Mohammad, Foss,Jonathan, Cristea,Alexandra I., Kayama,Mizue, Shi,Lei, Alamri,Ahmed & Tsakalidis,Adam (2018), On the need for fine-grained analysis of Gender versus Commenting Behaviour in MOOCs, ACM International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS) 3rd International Conference on Information and Education Innovations (ICIEI'18). London, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 73-77.
- John, Santhosh, Shah, Nazaraf & Stewart, Craig (2018), Towards a Software Centric Approach for Ontology Development: Novel Methodology and its Application, 2018 IEEE 15th International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE) IEEE. 139-146.
- Thong, Li Ping, Stewart, Craig, Arnab, Sylvester & Lameras, Petros (2016), Virtual Designer: Digital Role-Playing Game for Knowledge Transferal in Design Education, European Conference on Games Based Learning Academic Conferences International Limited. 862.
- Dunwell, Ian, de Freitas, Sara, Petridis, Panagiotis, Hendrix, Maurice, Arnab, Sylvester, Lameras, Petros & Stewart, Craig (2014), A game-based learning approach to road safety: the code of everand, Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems ACM. 3389-3398.
- Gallear, Wayne, Lameras, Petros & Stewart, Craig (2014), Serendipitous learning \& serious games: A Pilot Study, 2014 International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning (IMCL2014) IEEE. 247-251.
- Lameras, Petros, Petridis, Panagiotis, Dunwell, Ian, Hendrix, Maurice, Arnab, Sylvester, de Freitas, Sara & Stewart, Craig (2013), A game-based approach for raising awareness on sustainability issues in public spaces, The Spring Servitization Conference: Servitization in the multi-organisation enterprise. 20-21.
- Scotton, Joshua, Stewart, Craig & Cristea, Alexandra I (2011), ADE: The Adaptive Display Environment for Adaptive Hypermedia, Proceedings of the ACM Hypertext 2011 International Conference.
- Stewart, Craig, Brailsford, Tim, Chandramouli, Krishna & Cristea, Alexandra I (2010), The CAE-L cultural framework: Definition, instances and web service, 2010 10th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies IEEE. 604-606.
- Chandramouli, Krishna, Stewart, Craig, Brailsford, Tim & Izquierdo, Ebroul (2008), CAE-L: An ontology modelling cultural behaviour in adaptive education, 2008 Third International Workshop on Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization IEEE. 183-188.
- Stewart, Craig, Chandramouli, Krishna, Cristea, Alexandra, Brailsford, Tim & Izquierdo, Ebroul (2008), Cultural artefacts in education: Analysis, ontologies and implementation, 5: 2008 International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering IEEE. 706-709.
- Stewart, Craig (2007), The Role of Culture in Online Education: as an input for the authoring process, User Modelling (UM) conference, A3H workshop.
- Brown, Elizabeth, Stewart, Craig & Brailsford, Tim (2006), Adapting for visual and verbal learning styles in AEH, Sixth IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT'06) IEEE. 1145-1146.
- Stewart, Craig, Cristea, Alexandra, Celik, Ilknur & Ashman, Helen (2006), Interoperability between AEH user models, Proceedings of the joint international workshop on Adaptivity, personalization \& the semantic web ACM. 21-30.
- Moore, Adam, Brailsford, Timothy J & Stewart, Craig D (2001), Personally tailored teaching in WHURLE using conditional transclusion, Proceedings of the 12th ACM conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia ACM. 163-164.
- Stewart, Craig (2012). A cultural education model: design and implementation of adaptive multimedia interfaces in eLearning. University of Nottingham. PhD.
Available for media contact about:
- Business: Education and awareness: Personalised, digital systems
- Computer Science: Personalised, digital systems
- Computer Science: Information systems and Cultural studies
- Identity, ethnicity and culture: Information systems and Cultural studies
- Science: Education, industry & the community: Information systems and Cultural studies