Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Celebrating Student AchievementOn 10 October 2016, our Faculty held our annual Celebrating Student Achievement event to mark the achievements of some students nominated by their departments for academic achievements, progress or effort. Guests were entertained by members of the Music Department and Durham University Light Opera Group and the students were presented with a commemorative plaque.
Theology and Religion: Registration open for conference on Suffering, Diminishment and the Christian Life
Registration and the call for short papers is open for this conference, taking place on 8-10 January 2018 at Ushaw College, Durham, UK.
(17 Aug 2017) » Theology and Religion: this conference
Music: Department achieves 94.44% satisfaction rate in National Student Survey
The Department is pleased to announce that in the recent National Student Survey (NSS), 94.44% of students were overall satisfied with the quality of the Music degree.
The NSS gathers opinions from final-year undergraduates about their experience of their course. It asks 27 questions relating to eight aspects of the learning experience, and is completed by students from institutions all over the country.
(16 Aug 2017)
For more Faculty News click here more....
Wednesday 23 August 2017
- English Studies: Alfred the Great through History 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Alington House, 4 North Bailey, David Barrow
Wednesday 30 August 2017
- English Studies: When Masters Became Tragic Heroes 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Alington House, 4 North Bailey, Iman Sheeha
Wednesday 6 September 2017
- English Studies: Tics in the Theatre: The 'Quiet Audience' and the Neurodivergent Spectator 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Alington House, 4 North Bailey, Hannah Simpson
Friday 8 September 2017
- English Studies: Neo-Victorian Decadences 9:00am onwards, St John's College
Saturday 9 September 2017
- English Studies: Neo-Victorian Decadences until 5:00pm, St John's College
Interested in finding out about more Faculty Events? Click here to see more....