Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The Faculty of Arts & Humanities has seven departments and one school. It also has a Liberal Arts programme, English Language Centre and a Centre for Foreign Language Study. In the Times Good University Guide, almost every department is ranked within the top five in the UK.
Theology and Religion: Congratulations to CCS members Stefano Cracolici and Giles Gasper
(16 Jul 2018) » Theology and Religion: this news
School of Modern Languages and Cultures: Abir Hamdar wins Durham University Impact Award
Dr Abir Hamdar, Associate Professor in Arabic Studies, received the Durham University Impact Award in a ceremony that took place in the Lindisfarne Centre on 11 July 2018. A total of 5 awards were made: one per faculty, one for early career candidates and an overall University award. Hamdar’s project was a joint winner of the University Award for her project ‘Performing Cancer in the Middle East’. Read more about Abir’s project here.
In addition, Dr Joanna Allan, an early career Leverhulme research fellow in the School, was selected as a finalist for the Early Career Award for her project about human rights and social justice in Western Sahara. Read more about Joanna’s work here.
(12 Jul 2018)
For more Faculty News click here more....
Monday 23 July 2018
- Department of History: Durham Early Modern Studies Conference 2018 9:00am onwards, The Assembly Rooms, 40 North Bailey, Durham University, See Programme
Tuesday 24 July 2018
- Department of History: Durham Early Modern Studies Conference 2018 all day, The Assembly Rooms, 40 North Bailey, Durham University, See Programme
Wednesday 25 July 2018
- Department of History: Durham Early Modern Studies Conference 2018 until 3:30pm, The Assembly Rooms, 40 North Bailey, Durham University, See Programme
Wednesday 15 August 2018
- English Studies: “The Beginning of Sound Film -The End of Literary Modernism?” and “The Rise of Populism and a Call for the New Sincerity in Contemporary Fiction” 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Alington House, Lara Ehrenfried and Arya Aryan
Wednesday 22 August 2018
- English Studies: Sacred Symbols, Snake-Women and Sisterhood: Crafting Power in Medieval Origin Stories 5:30pm to 7:00pm, Alington House, Alexandra Claridge, Olivia Colquitt and Madelaine Smart
Interested in finding out about more Faculty Events? Click here to see more....
25% Alumni Discount
25% MA Tuition Fees Discount for Durham Alumni