Publication details for Professor Sarah SempleSemple, S.J. (2004). Locations of Assembly in Early Anglo-Saxon England. In Assembly Places and Practices in Medieval Europe. Pantos, A. & Semple, S.J. Dublin: Four Courts Press. 135-154.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 1-85182-665-3 (hardback)
- Keywords: Assembly, cemetery, monuments, central places
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This paper reviews the potential of complex cemeteries of the C6th to C7th AD as early places of gathering and assembly.