Publication details for Prof Peter Rowley-ConwyRowley-Conwy, P. & Zeder, M. (2014). Wild Boar or Domestic Pigs? Response to Evin et al. World Archaeology 46(5): 835-840.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0043-8243, 1470-1375
- DOI: 10.1080/00438243.2014.953712
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We continue to contest the claim by Evin et al. (2014) that Rosenhof E24 and other Mesolithic pigs were domestic. E24’s mixture of ‘wild’ and ‘domestic’ traits is best explained as indicating a behaviourally wild boar with some domestic ancestry. The fascinating complexities of this situation should not be downplayed in favour of a simplified, more newsworthy (but probably incorrect) conclusion.
Special Issue: Debates in World Archaeology