Publication details for Prof Paul PettittPettitt, P.B., Richards, M.P., Maggi, R. & Formicola, V. (2003). The Gravettian burial known as the Prince (‘Il Principe’): new evidence for his age and diet. Antiquity 77(295): 15-19.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003-598X, 1745-1744
- DOI: 10.1017/S0003598X00061305
- Keywords: Gravettian; burial; Italy
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The famous upper Palaeolithic (Gravettian) burial with shell ornaments known as "Il Principe" was discovered in Italy sixty years ago. Here the authors present recent scientific research on his skeleton, leading to new assessments of the date of the burial and indications of diet.