All Research Projects
Publication detailsHritz, C. & Wilkinson, T.J. (2006). Using Shuttle Radar Topography to map ancient water channels in Mesopotamia. Antiquity 80(308): 415-424.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003 598X
- DOI: 10.1017/S0003598X00093728
- Keywords: Mesopotamia, Bronze Age, Sasanian, Irrigation, Digital mapping
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) is currently producing a digital elevation model of most of the world's surface. Here the authors assess its value in mapping and sequencing the network of water channels that provided the arterial system for Mesopotamia before the petrol engine.