BABAO Conference 2014
16th Annual Conference of the British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology
The Department of Archaeology at Durham University will be holding the BABAO conference in 2014.
Place: Science Site, Durham University, South Road, Durham City, DH1 3LE
Date: Friday 12th to Sunday 14th September 2014
Organisers: Prof. Charlotte Roberts, Dr. Janet Montgomery, Dr. Andrew Millard, Dr. Becky Gowland, Dr. Tina Jakob and Dr. Anwen Caffell
Host Department: Department of Archaeology
- The Body and Society: Past Perspectives on the Present. Keynote speaker: Dr. Pamela Geller, Department of Anthropology, University of Miami, USA.
- Biological Anthropology and Infectious Disease: New Developments in Understanding from Bioarchaeology, Palaeoanthropology, Primatology, and Archaeozoology. Keynote speaker: Prof. Niels Lynnerup, M.D., Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- New Developments in Biomolecular Methods. Keynote speaker: Prof. Matthew Collins, Department of Archaeology, University of York, UK.
Early booking prices are only valid until Tuesday 12 August, after this date the conference fee will be £185
The BABAO Conference booking system is now available at:
To book alternative accommodation:
How to get to Durham:
- BABAO 2014 Guidance for oral and poster presentations (last modified: 4 August 2014)
- BABAO 2014 Programme (last modified: 21 August 2014)
- BABAO 2014 Student Prizes (last modified: 3 April 2014)
- BABAO 2014 Trends in Biological Anthropology Guidelines (last modified: 3 April 2014)