Publication details for Dr Elisabeth KirtsoglouKirtsoglou, E. (2010). Dreaming the Self: A Unified Approach towards Dreams, Subjectivity and the Radical Imagination. History and Anthropology 21(3): 321-335.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0275-7206 (print), 1477-2612 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1080/02757206.2010.499908
- Keywords: Dreams, Greece, Reflexivity
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This paper focuses on dream‐experiences and dream‐narratives as sites of creativity and agency. Through the ethnographic exploration of dreams recounted to me mainly by informants in Thessaloniki, Greece I will argue that dreams are means of making sense of the world in a relational and intersubjective manner, as well as instances of the human capacity to invent new forms and ëoriginal figurationsí.