Publication details for Professor Kate HampshireHampshire, K.R. (2002). Fulani on the move: seasonal economic migration in the Sahel as a social process. Journal of Development Studies 38(5): 15-36.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1743-9140, 0022-0388
- DOI: 10.1080/00220380412331322491
- Keywords: rural to urban migration; rural poverty; Fulani; Burkina Faso; short-term labour migration
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Examines seasonal economic migration in the Sahel region in Africa from a sociological perspective. Methodological issues concerning the study; Description of spatial mobility and migration among the Fulani tribe; Examination of the concept of exode within an economic framework.