Publication details for Professor Sandra BellBell, S., Judson, E., Bulkeley, H., Powells, G., Capova, K. & Lynch, D. (2015). Sociality and electricity in the United Kingdom: The influence of household dynamics on everyday consumption. Energy Research & Social Science 9: 98-106.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2214-6296
- DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2015.08.027
- Keywords: Electricity, Energy practices, Consumption patterns, UK.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Our paper investigates household practices that use electricity, their relation to systems of provision and the enactment of domestic sociality. The results of this research conducted in the UK shed light on puzzling variations in electricity consumption across households posed by previous research. We argue for the need to attend to how household socialites influence and are influenced by electrical services and trace the links between these dynamics and the effects of wider cultural and socio-economic forces.