Prof Paul Sillitoe - all publications
- Sillitoe, Paul (2017). Built in Niugini:Constructions in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Sean Kingston Publishing.
- Sillitoe, P. (ed.) (2017). Indigenous knowledge:enhancing its contribution to natural resources management. CABI.
- Sillitoe, Paul (2017). Made in Niugini: Technology in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Sean Kingston Publishing.
- Sillitoe, P. (2010). From land to mouth: the agricultural "economy" of the Wola of the New Guinea highlands. New Haven & London: Yale University Press.
- Sillitoe, P. & Sillitoe, J. (2009). Grass-clearing man a factional ethnography of life in the New Guinea Highlands. Waveland Press.
- Sillitoe, P. (2003). Managing animals in New Guinea: Preying the Game in the Highlands. London: Routledge.
- Sillitoe, P. , Stewart, P.J. & Strathern, A. (2002). Horticulture in Papua New Guinea: Case Studies from the Southern and Western Highlands. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh.
- Sillitoe, P. (1996). A place against time: land and environment in the Papua New Guinea highlands. Amsterdam: Harwood Academic (Gordon & Breach).
Chapter in book
- Sillitoe, Paul (2015). Indigenous Knowledge. In The Ashgate Research Companion to Anthropology. Strathern, A & Stewart, P. (eds) Ashgate Publishing. 343-368.
- Sillitoe, P. & Alam, M. (2012). ‘Why did the fish cross the road?’ Environmental uncertainty and local knowledge in Bangladesh. In Environmental Uncertainty and Local Knowledge: Southeast Asia as a Laboratory of Global Ecological Change. Hornidge, A-K. & Antweiler, C. Bielefeld: Transcript Verlag. 145-183.
- Sillitoe, P. (2000). Indigenous knowledge development in Bangladesh: Present and future. In London: Intermediate Technology Publications & Dhaka: University Press. 3-20, 145-60, 161-177, 179-195.
- Lyon, S.M., Sillitoe, P. & Wilson, R. (2005). Implementation of e-science tools for complex analysis of human-environmental interaction. First International Conference on e-Social Science, Manchester, NCeSS.
- Sillitoe, P. , Bicker, A. & Pottier, J. (2002). Participating in development: approaches to indigenous knowledge. ASA Monographs; 39. London: Routledge.
- Sillitoe, P. (2016). Durham anthropology: a provincial history of a provisional discipline. History and Anthropology
- Sillitoe, P., Alshawi, A.A. & Al-Amir Hassan, A.K. (2010). Challenges to conservation: land use change and local participation in the Al Reem Biosphere Reserve, West Qatar. Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine 6(1): 28.
- Sillitoe, P. (2010). Trust in development: some implications of knowing in indigenous knowledge. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 16(1): 12-30.
- Sillitoe, P. (1999). Beating the boundaries: land tenure and identity in the Papua New Guinea Highlands. Journal of Anthropological Research 55(3): 331-360.
- Sillitoe, P. (1998). The development of indigenous knowledge: a new applied anthropology. Current Anthropology 39(2): 223-252.