Members of the Evolutonary Anthropology Research Group publish widely and frequently in a range of journals including Nature, Science, PNAS, Journal of Human Evolution and Proceedings of the Royal Society B, as well as single-author and edited books. Listed below are some recent key publications by Evolutionary Anthropology Research Group members (indicated in bold). Please see individual staff pages for full lists of publications.
- K. Magid, R.T. Chatterton, F. Uddin Ahamed, G.R. Bentley (2018) Childhood environment influences salivary testosterone, pubertal age and stature among Bangladeshi migrants to the UK. Nature Ecology & Evolution
- Allan, A.T.L. & Hill, R.A. (2018). What have we been looking at? A call for consistency in studies of primate vigilance. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 165(S65): 4-22.
- Kendal R.L., et al. (2018). Social Learning Strategies: Bridge-building between fields. Trends in Cognitive Sciences
- Kovarovic, K., Su, D.F. & Lintulaakso, K. (2018 expected). Mammal community structure analysis. In Methods in Paleoecology: Reconstructing Cenozoic Terrestrial Environments and Ecological Communities. Croft, D.A., Simpson, S.W. & Su, D.F. Springer
- Stibbard-Hawkes, D.N.E, et al. (2018). A Noisy Signal: To what extent are Hadza hunting reputations predictive of actual hunting skills?.Evolution and Human Behaviour.
- SE Street, et al. (2018), Human mate-choice copying is domain-general social learning, Scientific Reports 8 (1), 1715
- Ball, H.L. (2017). Evolution-informed maternal-infant health. Nature Ecology & Evolution 1(3): 0073.
- Powell, L.E., Isler, K. & Barton, R,A. (2017). Re-evaluating the link between brain size and behavioural ecology in primates. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 284(1865): 20171765.
- Bjarnason, A., Soligo, C. & Elton, S. (2017). Phylogeny, phylogenetic inference, and cranial evolution in pitheciids and Aotus. American Journal of Primatology 79(3): e22621.
- Vale, G, Flynn, EG., Kendal, JR., Rawlings, B, Hopper LM., Schapiro SJ., Lambeth SP. & Kendal RL. 2017. Testing differential use of payoff-biased social learning strategies in children and chimpanzees. Proceedings of the Royal Society B [part of a special issue on 'humans as a model for an understanding of biological fundamentals']
- Kessler, S., et al. (2017). Selection to outsmart the germs: The evolution of disease recognition and social cognition. Journal of Human Evolution 108: 92-109.
- Rickard, I.J. (2017). Intergenerational capital flows are central to fitness dynamics and adaptive evolution in humans. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 40: e339.
- Setchell JM, et al. (2017). Biosocial conservation: integrating biological and ethnographic methods to study human-primate interactions. International Journal of Primatology 38: 401-426.
- Bortolini, E.,..., Martini, Gessica,... & Tehrani, Jamshid J. (2017). Inferring patterns of folktale diffusion using genomic data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 114(34): 9140-9145.
- Bilsborough, A. (2015). Editorial. Special Issue: Pleistocene Hunter-Gatherers of Central and Eastern Europe. Papers in Memory of Karel Valoch. Anthropologie 53(1-2): 5-6.
- Merli, C. & Buck, T. (2015). Forensic identification and identity politics in 2004 Post-Tsunami Thailand: Negotiating dissolving boundaries. Human Remains and Violence: An Interdisciplinary Journal 1(1): 3-22.