The project groups’ terms of reference and membership are outlined below.
Terms of Reference
The Steering Group will have oversight for the body of work being conducted under the OfS Catalyst Fund project ‘Religious Hate Crime in the North East: Driving Interventions for Acceptance, Reporting and Supporting’. The responsibilities of the Steering Group are to:
1. Inform the Diversity and Equality Advisory Group (DEAG) on the project and its progression;
2. Design research necessary to understand the lived experience of our students of faith, the barriers to reporting potential harassment and hate crime, the appropriate response to a report or disclosure of potential harassment or hate crime, and type of support that would be welcomed;
3. Oversee the research project as well as the work completed by the task and finish groups;
4. Development of and review of the pilot programmes for reporting, response and support and their application to other areas (such as bullying and harassment or sexual violence);
5. In the context of the project, review and make recommendations on policies and procedures related to bullying and harassment;
6. Consult with various University Chaplains; and
7. Oversee and have final review of the monitoring reports submitted to OfS.