Other Sundry Charges
Administrative Charges for Examinations
Initial Degrees and Diplomas and Higher Degrees
|Higher Doctorates (DD, DLitt, DSc, DMus) Application Fee||£500|
|Higher Doctorates (DD, DLitt, DSc, DMus) Examination Fee||£700|
|Additional charge for Undergraduate students taking examinations in centres other than Durham||£50|
Re-examination Fees (in whole or part)
|PhD, EdD, DMin and DBA - Re-submission fee on submitting a revised thesis||£120|
|PhD, EdD, DMin and DBA - for a second oral or written examination||£90|
Deposits - individually set by Colleges and Departments
|Administration Charges||Credit to|
|Late Payment of Residence||£70||College|
|Late Payment of Tuition Fees||£70||SOF*|
|Failure to apply for tuition fee loan||£70||SOF*|
|Returned cheques and rejected direct debits||£25||Finance Dept.|
Amendment to sponsorship details
|Reinstatement after withdrawal by University for non payment of debt||£200||SOF*|
* SOF is the Student Opportunities Fund
Other charges appearing in the General Regulations
|Discipline - maximum fine to be imposed by VC or PVC re student disciplinary offence||£225|
|Motor vehicles - fine pre wheel clamping||£50|
|Motor vehicles - subsequent offence||£100|
|Cycles - breach of regulations||£50|
|Display of promotional material||£50|
Continuation fees are payable by all postgraduate research students who have completed course requirements for particular Higher Degrees or Diplomas but who still have to submit theses or dissertations or to enter for written examinations to complete examination requirements, in order to maintain registration for the Degree/Diploma concerned.
Continuation fees for MBA by distance learning:
- Maximum 25% of fee for relevant stage.
Continuation fees for all other postgraduate courses:
- 10% of the home full-time postgraduate student fee charged by the Research Councils (rounded to the nearest £5) for the first 12 months (£385 for 2012/13 and £390 for 2013/14).
- Please note during the first 12 months, 0-3 months are charged at zero with the full 10% continuation fee charged for the period 3-12 months, i.e. there is a 3 month 'grace period' before any fee is charged.
- 15% for any subsequent year on continuation (£575 for 12/13 and £585 for 13/14).
- Students requiring an extension to the period of continuation to more than 12 months on medical grounds may apply to the Academic Support Office for an exemption from the increased continuation fee of 15%.
NB: Information contained on the website or in the literature with respect to the fee is correct at the time of publication but the University reserves the right to change the course information or fee at a later date.