Learning about Solid state NMR
Most chemists and materials scientists have only vague ideas about what solid state NMR involves and what information it can provide. This section gathers together some resources and information about training to help you learn more. The Application Notes explain how solid state NMR can be applied to some different areas of Chemistry and Materials Science. The information on Practical Aspects of Solids NMR will be of most interest to those starting to run their own solid-state NMR experiments.
The Application Notes below describe how solid state NMR can be applied to different areas of Chemistry and Materials Science. Associated with each Note is a discussion page to which readers are encourage to add content and questions.
Practical Aspects of Solids NMR
This section deals with the practical aspects of solid state NMR. These documents cover much of methodology required for setting up basic solid state experiments.
- Introduction (pdf)
- Good solid-state NMR laboratory practice (pdf)
- Practical issues - introduction (pdf)
- Setting the magic-angle (pdf)
- Shimming (pdf)
- Pulse calibration (pdf)
- Basic cross polarisation (pdf)
- Referencing (pdf)
- Choosing a recycle delay (pdf)
- Choosing a contact time (pdf)
- Spectral editing - dipolar dephasing (pdf)
- Spectral editing - sideband suppression (pdf)