Sociology Department Staff
Dr Jonathan Wistow - all publications
- Telford, L. & Wistow, J. T. (2019). Brexit and the working class on Teesside: Moving beyond reductionism. Capital and Class
- McGowan, V., Wistow, J. , Lewis, S., Popay, J. & Bambra, C. (2019). Pathways to mental health improvement in a community-led area-based empowerment initiative: Evidence from the Big Local ‘Communities in Control’ study, England. Journal of Public Health
- Curtis, S., Oven, K., Wistow, J., Dunn, C. & Dominelli, L. (2018). Adaptation to extreme weather events in complex health and social care systems: The example of older people’s services in England. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space 36(1): 67-91.
- Curtis, Sarah, Fair, Alistair, Wistow, Jonathan, Val, Dimitri V. & Oven, Katie (2017). Impact of extreme weather events and climate change for health and social care systems. Environmental Health 16(S1): 128.
- Wistow, J., Curtis, S. & Bone, A. (2017). Implementing extreme weather event advice and guidance in English public health systems. Journal of Public Health 39(3): 498-505.
- Cairns, J., Wistow, J. & Bambra, C. (2017). Making the case for qualitative comparative analysis in geographical research: a case study of health resilience. Area 49(3): 369-376.
- Wistow, J., Dominelli, L., Oven, K.J., Dunn, C.E. & Curtis, S.E. (2015). The role of formal and informal networks in supporting older people's care during extreme weather events. Policy and Politics 43(1): 119-135.
- Warren, J., Wistow, J. & Bambra, C. (2014). Applying Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) in the evaluation of complex public health interventions: A case study of a health improvement service for long-term Incapacity Benefit recipients. Journal of Public Health 36(1): 126-133.
- Warren, J., Wistow, J. & Bambra, C. (2013). Applying Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) to evaluate a public health policy initiative in the North East of England. Policy and Society 32(4): 289–301.
- Blackman, T., Wistow, J. & Byrne, D. (2013). Using Qualitative Comparative Analysis to understand complex policy problems. Evaluation 19(2): 126.
- Blackman, T., Wistow, J. & Byrne, D. (2011). A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Factors Associated with Narrowing Health Inequalities in England. Social Science & Medicine 72(12): 1965–1974.
- Chapman, Tony , Mawson, John , Robinson, Fred & Wistow, Jonathan (2018). How to Work Effectively with the Third Sector. A discussion paper for public sector organisations. Durham, Institute for Local Governance, Durham University.
- Curtis S., A. Fair, J. Wistow, D. Val & K. Oven (2015). Impact of extreme weather events and climate change for health and social care systems. Living With Environmental Change.