Sociology Department Staff
Miss Maddy Winnard, B.A (Hons), M.A
I am a third year PhD student in the Department of Sociology.
My doctoral research is funded by the ESRC, and looks to qualitatively explore the culture of a higher-tariff university in the UK and the experiences of non-traditional and first generation students in relation to this.
I have a BA (Hons) in Combined Honours in Sociology and History, and an MA in Social Research Methods (Social Policy), both also from Durham.
- Educational inequalities in access to and experience at universities
- Qualitative Methods
- Sociology of Higher Education
- Introduction to Research (2017-18) (50 hours/year.)
- Sociology of Education (2018-19) (40 hours/year.)
- Sociology of Education (2019-20) (20 hours/year.)