News and Events
Tune in: The new ‘Possible Podcast’ shines a light on creative thinking in arts and humanities research this month
The new five-part ‘Possible Podcast’ series is released this month, shining a light on research from Durham University’s world-class Arts & Humanities Faculty.
It features interviews with a blend of Durham academics, international activists and regional change-makers - all coming together to explore how to deliver impact from big ideas and academic research.
The ‘Possible Podcast’ is produced and hosted by the Arts & Humanities Faculty Entrepreneur in Residence, Paul Drury-Bradey. Since March 2019 he has been working with Durham academics, students, and professional support staff on a wide range of entrepreneurial and impact-focused ideas. These have included Durham Soup, a series of ideas party pitching events; leading sessions on social enterprise; and one-on-one coaching for staff and students.
This month’s ‘Possible Podcast’ release is the result of three months’ work that started in February. Across five episodes the podcast tackles critical ideas arts and humanities research, connecting them to new audiences and exploring its impact on culture and society.
- Episode one: New Narratives - exploring self-publishing and zine culture both internationally and in the North East
- Episode two: Music and Memory - uncovering the links between music and autobiographical memories
- Episode three: Uncensored - asking questions about censorship of marginalised communities, and looking at what modern society could learn from historical censorship
- Episode four: Breathless - exploring how breathing and breathlessness is represented in art and literature
- Episode five: Protest Song - examining the work of Durham University’s Singer-Songwriter in Residence, and looking at the future of movement music
Each episode is around 20 minutes long, and will be available to listen to on Soundcloud from Monday May 18th onwards. An episode will be released on a daily basis.
Find out more:
- The Possible Podcast was produced by audio specialists Ideosound. Follow the hashtag #PossiblePodcast and @helloDurhamSoup for the latest news and conversation. There are plans to produce Series 2 in late May, June and July. To submit research and ideas for future podcasts please email email@example.com
Creating an enterprise zone to work with industry (September 2019)
Fusing Together Creative Industries (March 2019)