Publication details for Miss Ellen RidleyRiby, D. M., Ridley, E., Lough, E. & Hanley, M. (2017). Social vulnerability in Williams syndrome: A tendency to approach strangers. International Review of Research on Developmental Disabilities 52: 175-199.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2211-6095, 9780128118221
- DOI: 10.1016/bs.irrdd.2017.05.001
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In this paper we discuss the social profile associated with the developmental disorder, Williams syndrome (WS), and provide a specific focus on social vulnerability risk factors, such as social approach. To illustrate aspects of social vulnerability and social approach we introduce a case study on a 23-year old adult with WS and their parent. We link the core themes from an interview with the WS adult and their parent back to the existing literature. Finally, we discuss the challenges for future research in this area to inform both theory and intervention.