Publication details for Professor Marko NardiniNardini, M. & Dekker, T.M. (2019). Observer Models of Perceptual Development. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 41: e238.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0140-525X, 1469-1825
- DOI: 10.1017/S0140525X1800136X
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We agree with Rahnev & Denison (R&D) that to understand perception at a process level, we must investigate why performance sometimes deviates from idealised decision models. Recent research reveals that such deviations from optimality are pervasive during perceptual development. We argue that a full understanding of perception requires a model of how perceptual systems become increasingly optimised during development.