We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Department of Physics

Frequently-asked questions

List of FAQs

+What do I do if I'm in a University sport team and need to miss a commitment to compete in a championship or to play an away match?

It is sometimes assumed that University sport is an automatic excuse for missing academic commitments. This is not true. You need to apply for a sporting concession - see In particular, you will need to print out a copy of the form and fill in Part A and take the whole thing to the Teaching Administrator to sign.