Publication details for Dr Aidan HindmarchT. D. Skinner, H. Kurebayashi, D. Fang, D. Heiss, A. C. Irvine, A. T. Hindmarch, M. Wang, A. W. Rushforth & A. J. Ferguson (2013). Enhanced inverse spin-Hall effect in ultrathin ferromagnetic/normal metal bilayers. Applied Physics Letters 102(7): 072401.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003-6951 (print), 1077-3118 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1063/1.4792693
- Keywords: Cobalt alloys, Ferromagnetic materials, Ferromagnetic resonance, Magnetic multilayers, Platinum alloys, Spin Hall effect.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Electrically detected ferromagnetic resonance is measured in microdevices patterned from ultra-thin Co/Pt bilayers. Spin pumping and rectification voltages are observed and distinguished via their angular dependence. The spin-pumping voltage shows an unexpected increase as the cobalt thickness is reduced below 2 nm. This enhancement allows more efficient conversion of spin to charge current.