Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterLancaster, T., Blundell, S.J. & Pratt, F.L. (2013). Another Dimension: investigations of molecular magnetism using muon-spin relaxation. Physica Scripta 88(6): 068506.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-8949 (print), 1402-4896 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/0031-8949/88/06/068506
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We review examples of muon–spin relaxation measurements on molecule-based magnetic coordination polymers, classified by their magnetic dimensionality. These include the one-dimensional s = 1/2 spin chain Cu(pyz)(NO3)2 and the two-dimensional s = 1/2 layered material [Cu(HF2)(pyz)2]BF4. We also describe some of the more exotic ground states that may become accessible in the future given the ability to tune the interaction strengths of our materials through crystal engineering.