Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterPratt, F.L., Lancaster, T. , Blundell, S.J. & Baines, C. (2013). Low-Field Superconducting Phase of (TMTSF)2ClO4. Physical Review Letters 110(10): 107005.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-9007, 1079-7114
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.107005
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The low-field phase of the organic superconductor (TMTSF) 2 ClO 4 is studied by muon-spin rotation. The zero temperature limit of the magnetic penetration depth within the TMTSF layers is obtained to be λ ab (0)=0.86(2) μm . Temperature dependence of the muon-spin relaxation shows no indication of gap nodes on the Fermi surface nor of any spontaneous fields due to time-reversal-symmetry breaking. The weight of evidence suggests that the symmetry of this low-field phase is odd-frequency p -wave singlet, a novel example of odd-frequency pairing in a bulk superconductor.