Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterWang, Chun-Hai, Ainsworth, C. M., Champion, S. D., Stewart, G. A., Worsdale, M. C., Lancaster, T., Blundell, S. J., Brand, Helen E. A. & Evans, John S. O. (2017). Crystal structure and magnetic modulation in β−Ce2O2FeSe2. Physical Review Materials 1(3): 034403.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2475-9953 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevMaterials.1.034403
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We report a combination of X-ray and neutron diffraction studies, Mossbauer spectroscopy and muon spin relaxation (muSR) measurements to probe the structure and magnetic properties of the semiconducting beta-Ce2O2FeSe2 oxychalcogenide. We report a new structural description in space group Pna21 which is consistent with diffraction data and second harmonic generation measurements and reveal an order-disorder transition on one Fe site at TOD ~ 330 K. Susceptibility measurements, Mossbauer and muSR reveal antiferromagnetic ordering below TN = 86 K and more complex short range order above this temperature. 12 K neutron diffraction data reveal a modulated magnetic structure with q = 0.444 bN*.