Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterLancaster, T., Xiao, F., Salman, Z., Thomas, I.O., Blundell, S.J., Pratt, F.L., Clark, S.J., Prokscha, T., Suter, A., Zhang, S.L., Baker, A.A. & Hesjedal, T. (2016). Transverse field muon-spin rotation measurement of the topological anomaly in a thin film of MnSi. Physical Review B 93(14): 140412(R).
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2469-9950 (print), 2469-9969 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.93.140412
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present the results of transverse-field muon-spin rotation measurements on an epitaxially grown 40-nm-thick film of MnSi on Si(111) in the region of the field-temperature phase diagram where a skyrmion phase has been observed in the bulk. We identify changes in the quasistatic magnetic field distribution sampled by the muon, along with evidence for magnetic transitions around and 30 K. Our results suggest that the cone phase is not the only magnetic texture realized in film samples for out-of-plane fields.