Publication details for Dr. Cyril BourgenotBourgenot, Cyril, Saunter, Christopher D., Taylor, Jonathan M., Girkin, John M. & Love, Gordon D. (2012). 3D adaptive optics in a light sheet microscope. Optics Express 20(12): 13252-13261.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1094-4087 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1364/OE.20.013252
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We report on a single plane illumination microscope (SPIM) incorporating adaptive optics in the imaging arm. We show how aberrations can occur from the sample mounting tube and quantify the aberrations both experimentally and computationally. A wavefront sensorless approach was taken to imaging a green fluorescent protein (GFP) labelled transgenic zebrafish. We show improvements in image quality whilst recording a 3D “z–stack” and show how the aberrations come from varying depths in the fish.