Publication details for Valentin [Valya] KhozeChu, C-S., Khoze, V. V. & Travaglini, G. (2002). Three-point functions in N = 4 Yang-Mills theory and pp-waves. Journal of High Energy Physics 2002(06): 011.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1126-6708, 1029-8479
- DOI: 10.1088/1126-6708/2002/06/011
- Keywords: String Field Theory, Penrose limit and pp-wave background.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Recently it has been proposed that the coefficient of the three-point function of the BMN operators in = 4 supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory is related to the three-string interactions in the pp-wave background. We calculate three-point functions of these operators to the first order in the effective Yang-Mills coupling λ' = gYM2N/J2 in planar perturbation theory. On the string theory side, we derive the explicit expressions of the Neumann matrices to all orders in 1/(μp+α')2. This allows us to compute the corresponding three-string scattering amplitudes. This provides an all orders prediction for the field theory three-point functions. We compare our field theory results with the string theory results to the subleading order in 1/(μp+α')2 and find perfect agreement.