Publication details for Valentin [Valya] KhozeChu, C.S., Khoze, V.V., Petrini, M., Russo, R. & Tanzini, A. (2004). A note on string interaction on the pp-wave background. Classical and Quantum Gravity 21(8): 1999-2009.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0264-9381, 1361-6382
- DOI: 10.1088/0264-9381/21/8/006
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider type IIB string interaction on the maximally supersymmetric pp-wave background and discuss how the bosonic symmetries of the background are realized. This analysis shows that there are some interesting differences with respect to the flat-space case and suggests modifications to the existing form of the string vertex. We focus on the zero-mode part which is responsible for some puzzling string predictions about the super Yang–Mills side. We show that these puzzles disappear when a symmetry preserving string interaction is used.