Publication details for Prof Nigel GloverGehrmann-De Ridder, A., Gehrmann, T., Glover, E.W.N. & Heinrich, G. (2008). Jet rates in electron-positron annihilation at O(alpha_s^3) in QCD. Physical Review Letters 100(17): 172001.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-9007, 1079-7114
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.100.172001
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We compute production rates for two, three, four, and five jets in electron-positron annihilation at the third order in the QCD coupling constant. At this order, three-jet production is described to next-to-next-to-leading order in perturbation theory while the two-jet rate is obtained at next-to-next-to-next-to-leading order. Our results yield an improved perturbative description of the dependence of jet multiplicity on the jet resolution parameter ycut, particularly at small values of ycut.