Publication details for Prof Nigel GloverGehrmann, T., Glover, E.W.N., Huss, A., Niehues, J. & Zhang, H. (2017). NNLO QCD corrections to event orientation in e+e- annihilation. Physics Letters B 775: 185-189.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0370-2693
- DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2017.10.069
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present a new implementation of the NNLO QCD corrections to three-jet final states and related event-shape observables in electron–positron annihilation. Our implementation is based on the antenna subtraction method, and is performed in the NNLOjet framework. The calculation improves upon earlier results by taking into account the full kinematical information on the initial state momenta, thereby allowing the event orientation to be computed to NNLO accuracy. We find the event-orientation distributions at LEP and SLC to be very robust under higher order QCD corrections.