Publication details for Prof Nigel GloverGehrmann-De Ridder, A., Gehrmann, T., Glover, E.W.N., Huss, A. & Morgan, T.A. (2016). Precise QCD predictions for the production of a Z boson in association with a hadronic jet. Physical Review Letters 117(2): 022001.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-9007 (print), 1079-7114 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.117.022001
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We compute the cross section and differential distributions for the production of a Z boson in association with a hadronic jet to next-to-next-to-leading order (NNLO) in perturbative QCD, including the leptonic decay of the Z boson. We present numerical results for the transverse momentum and rapidity distributions of both the Z boson and the associated jet at the LHC. We find that the NNLO corrections increase the NLO predictions by approximately 1% and significantly reduce the scale variation uncertainty.