Publication details for Dr Stuart BrandKaliteevski, M. A., Brand, S., Abram, R. A., Krauss, T. F., de La Rue, R. & Millar, P. (2001). The design of two-dimensional photonic quasicrystals by means of a Fourier transform method. Journal of Modern Optics 48(1): 9-14.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0950-0340, 1362-3044
- DOI: 10.1080/09500340108235149
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We report a method of designing aperiodic photonic quasicrystals. The method is based on the recognition that the Fourier transform of the dielectric structure has a direct influence on the mode spectrum, and can be chosen to enhance the properties of the system. The diffraction of light by, and the band structure of, such modified photonic quasicrystals is investigated and compared to the properties of conventional photonic quasicrystals.