Publication details for Dr Stuart BrandKaliteevski, M A , Brand, S , Abram, R A , Nikolaev, V V, Maximov, M V, Ledentsov, N N, Sotomayor Torres, C M & Kavokin, A V (2000). Exciton polaritons in a cylindrical microcavity with an embedded quantum wire. Physical Review B 61(20): 13791-13797.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1098-0121, 1550-235X
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.61.13791
- Keywords: Optical properties of specific thin films, Semiconductors.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Exciton-light coupling in cylindrical microcavities containing quantum wires has been treated by means of classical electrodynamics within the nonlocal dielectric response model. A typical anticrossing behavior of quasi-one-dimensional exciton-polariton modes has been obtained, as well as the weak-coupling–strong-coupling threshold. Effects of the nonradiative damping of the exciton resonance in the quantum wire on the optical response of the microcavity structure have been analyzed.