Publication details for Prof Richard AbramLiew, TCH, Kavokin, AV, Ostatnicky, T, Kaliteevski, M, Shelykh, IA & Abram, RA (2010). Exciton-polariton integrated circuits. Physical Review B 82(3): 033302.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1098-0121, 1550-235X
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.82.033302
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We show that logical signals encoded in bistable states in semiconductor microcavities can be generated and controlled electronically by exploiting the electrical sensitivity of Tamm-plasmon–exciton-polariton modes. The signals can be transported along polariton neurons, created with a patterned metal surface. Using the Gross-Pitaevskii equations, we simulate an electrically controlled transistor and find that high repetition rates (10 GHz) are possible.