Publication details for Prof Richard AbramKaliteevski, A, Brand, S, Abram, RA, Gallant, AJ & Chamberlain, JM (2008). Negative refraction can make non-diffracting beams. Optics Express 16(19): 14582-14587.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1094-4087
- DOI: 10.1364/OE.16.014582
- Keywords: Physical optics, Electromagnetic optics, Photonic crystals.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We report the results of simulations relating to the illumination of a
structure consisting of a slab constructed from a 2-D hexagonal array
of metal rods with a terahertz frequency source. As a consequence of
negative refraction an essentially non-divergent beam pattern is
observed. Although the results presented relate to the terahertz regime
they should also be applicable at other frequencies. (C) 2008 Optical
Society of America.