Publication details for Prof Richard AbramTronciu, V Z, Abram, R A, Rusu, S S & Bardetskii, P I (2007). Dynamics of a nonlinear ring cavity: Excitability and coherent resonance. Physics of the Solid State 49(3): 426-430.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1063-7834, 1090-6460
- DOI: 10.1134/S1063783407030055
- Keywords: CUCL CRYSTAL; SYSTEM; LASERS
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The phenomena of excitability and coherent resonance in a nonlinear ring cavity in the presence of excitons and biexcitons are considered. A bifurcation analysis of the dynamics of the nonlinear ring cavity indicates that both self-pulsation and excitability can exist in the system. It is demonstrated that coherent resonance can be observed in an excitable exciton-biexciton system in the ring cavity. The optimum conditions for the manifestation of these phenomena are investigated, and their possible applications are discussed.