Publication details for Prof Richard AbramKaliteevski M A, Nikolaev V V & Abram R A (2005). Eigenstate statistics and optical properties of one-dimensional disordered photonic crystals. Physics of the Solid State 47(10): 1948-1957.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1063-7834, 1090-6460
- DOI: 10.1134/1.2087751
- Keywords: SYNTHETIC OPALS; ANDERSON LOCALIZATION; WEAK LOCALIZATION; SCALINGTHEORY; LIGHT; DIFFUSION; SYSTEMS; AVERAGE; ABSENCE
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Optical eigenstates in one-dimensional disordered photonic crystals were studied. The threshold disorder level was established below which the probability of appearance of an eigenstate at the photonic bandgap center is negligible. The threshold is reached when the relative fluctuation in the optical lengths of the structure periods becomes equal to the square root of one-third of the relative bandgap width. The dependence of the ensemble-averaged structure transmission coefficient on the fluctuation of the period optical length has a break corresponding to the threshold fluctuation.