Publication details for Prof Richard AbramAbram, R A , Brand, S , Kaliteevski, M A & Nikolaev V V (2001). Optical eigenmodes of a spherical microcavity. Physica Status Solidi A 183(1): 183-187.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-8965, 1862-6300, 1862-6319
- DOI: 10.1002/1521-396X(200101)183:1<183::AID-PSSA183>3.0.CO;2-T
- Keywords: 78.20.Bh
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The optical mode structure of a spherical microcavity has been investigated using a transfer matrix approach. Exact algebraic equations from which the frequencies of the optical eigenmodes of the two polarizations can be obtained, as well as approximate explicit algebraic expressions for those frequencies have been derived. The distribution of the electric field in the eigenmode is analysed.