Publication details for Prof Richard AbramBeggs, D. M., Kaliteevski, M. A., Brand, S. & Abram, R. A. (2004). Optimization of an optical filter with a square-shaped passband based on coupled microcavities. Journal of Modern Optics 51(3): 437-446.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0950-0340, 1362-3044
- DOI: 10.1080/09500340408235535
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
An approach using simple analytical theory has been developed for the design of multilayered spectral optical filters based on coupled microcavities. The method has been applied to find the parameters of the optimal structure, providing a near square-shaped transmission band. The case of normal and oblique incident light has been considered. It is shown that the situation corresponding to the weak coupling-strong coupling threshold for coupled cavity modes is optimal for achieving a square-shaped transmission band.