Publication details for Ruth GregoryGregory, Ruth & Scoins, Andrew (2019). Accelerating black hole chemistry. Physics Letters B 796: 191-195.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0370-2693 (print)
- DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2019.06.071
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We introduce a new set of chemical variables for the accelerating black hole. We show how these expressions suggest that conical defects emerging from a black hole can be considered as true hair – a new charge that the black hole can carry – and discuss the impact of conical deficits on black hole thermodynamics from this ‘chemical’ perspective. We conclude by proving a new Reverse Isoperimetric Inequality for black holes with conical defects.