Publication details for Prof David AlexanderSaez, C., Lehmer, B.D., Bauer, F.E., Stern, D., Gonzales, A., Rreza, I., Alexander, D.M., Matsuda, Y., Geach, J.E., Harrison, F.A. & Hayashino, T. (2015). An extragalactic spectroscopic survey of the SSA22 field. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 450(3): 2615-2630.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0035-8711, 1365-2966
- DOI: 10.1093/mnras/stv747
- Keywords: Techniques: imaging spectroscopy, Surveys, Galaxies: active, Galaxies: clusters: general, X-rays: galaxies.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present Very Large Telescope VIMOS, Keck DEIMOS and Keck LRIS multi-object spectra of 367 sources in the field of the z ≈ 3.09 protocluster SSA22. Sources are spectroscopically classified via template matching, allowing new identifications for 206 extragalactic sources, including 36 z > 2 Lyman-break galaxies (LBGs) and Lyman α emitters (LAEs), eight protocluster members, and 94 X-ray sources from the ∼400 ks Chandra deep survey of SSA22. Additionally, in the area covered by our study, we have increased by ≈4, 13, and 6 times the number of reliable redshifts of sources at 1.0 < z < 2.0, at z > 3.4, and with X-ray emission, respectively. We compare our results with past spectroscopic surveys of SSA22 to investigate the completeness of the LBGs and the X-ray properties of the new spectroscopically classified sources in the SSA22 field.