Publication details for Silvia PascoliBallett, P., King, S. F., Luhn, C., Pascoli, S. & Schmidt, M.A. (2014). Testing atmospheric mixing sum rules at precision neutrino facilities. Physical Review D 89(1): 016016.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998 (print), 1550-2368 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.89.016016
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study the prospects for testing classes of atmospheric mixing sum rules at precision neutrino facilities. Such sum rules, which correlate the atmospheric mixing angle θ23 with the recently measured reactor angle θ13 and the cosine of the oscillation phase δ, are predicted by a variety of semidirect models based on discrete family symmetry classified in terms of finite von Dyck groups. We perform a detailed simulation of the performance of the next generation of oscillation experiments, including the wideband superbeam and low-energy neutrino factory proposals, and compare their discriminating power for testing atmospheric mixing sum rules.