Publication details for Simon BadgerBadger, Simon, Guffanti, Alberto & Yundin, Valery (2014). Next-to-leading order QCD corrections to di-photon production in association with up to three jets at the Large Hadron Collider. Journal of High Energy Physics 2014(3): 122.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP03(2014)122
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present the computation of next-to-leading order (NLO) QCD corrections to di-photon production in association with two or three hard jets in pp collisions at a centre-of-mass energy of 8 TeV. The inclusion of NLO corrections is shown to substantially reduce the theoretical uncertainties estimated from scale variations on total cross section predictions. We study a range of differential distributions relevant for phenomenological studies of photon pair production in association with jets at the LHC. Using an efficient computational set-up we performed a detailed study of uncertainties due to parton distribution functions. The computation of the virtual corrections is performed using new features of the C++ library NJet.