Publication details for Dr Matthew TownsonTownson, M. J., Kellerer, A., Osborn, J., Butterley, T., Morris, T. & Wilson, R. W. (2015). Characterising daytime atmospheric conditions on La Palma. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 595: 012035.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1742-6588, 1742-6596
- DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/595/1/012035
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Day-time turbulence profiles are important for the next generation of Solar Telescopes, which will be equipped with multi conjugate adaptive optics systems. We measured daytime turbulence profiles above La Palma from 17th to 19th September 2013 using a wide- field wave-front sensor. The measured profiles are consistent with previous measurements and suggest that the majority of the turbulence is located close to the ground. Our method does not yet permit precise measurements of high altitude turbulence due to limited instrument and analysis sensitivity.