Mr Reece Stockport
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Responsibilities within department
- Current Technical Supervisor of the Level 2 Teaching Labs
- Deputy Departmental Cryogenic Safety Officer
- Departmental Logistics Team Leader
- Member of the Planetarium Outreach Team
- Member of the Departmental Health & Safety committee
I commenced employment within the Physics Department in October 2008 as a modern apprentice. This being a three year apprenticeship, graduating in September 2011 with NVQ’s level 2 & 3 in Engineering, BTEC National & HNC Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. I have also recently achieved a BSc (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Currently I oversee the day to day running of the Level 2 Teaching Laboratories. This involves providing technical support for undergraduates and academic staff for activities such as Skill Sessions, Electronics, and Research Led Investigations. Outside of term time, I provide technical support for the various research groups housed in the Physics Department.
I also provide training in the safe use of cryogenic liquids and gases to all academic and technical staff, along with post graduate and under graduate students within the department.
A range of technical skills covering;
- Use of electronics board design and manufacturing processes (CAD Design Software)
- Mechanical drawing designs using Autodesk Inventor Professional
- Manufacturing of simple mechanical products
- General use of cryostat systems
- Repair and Testing of laboratory equipment